Live Chat Software

Covered CA

Home > Covered CA

Benefit Agents provides instant access to the Covered California health insurance exchange.  Whenever or wherever you decide to enroll under Covered CA, know that you will be receiving the same standard rate from all licensed brokers.  There are no add-ons, no hidden fees – just quality healthcare .

We provide a simple and straight forward solution to get you insured under a Covered CA health insurance policy immediately.  We specialize in presenting individuals, families, and groups a comparison of different options through Covered CA or the private medical carrier networks.

The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, sometimes referred to as “Obamacare” recognizes that most individuals that do not have health insurance are either not offered it through their jobs, cannot afford it, or are denied coverage from a pre-existing medical condition.  Covered CA provides sliding scale financial help so that all Americans can receive essential health benefits at a fair price, where no one can be denied coverage.

If you do not qualify for Covered CA subsidies, you should still evaluate your options on the private marketplace. Everyone is legally required to have health insurance. Given the statewide increase in premiums to accommodate Covered CA subsidies, it’s your job to enroll in something that conforms to your income level and desired level of coverage.  Let one of our agents assist your families needs and obtain the most cost effective combination of benefits.

We’d love to hear from you

Contact Us

Recent News

SeeChange exiting CA marketplace

SeeChange Health Insurance has recently announced that they will be withdrawing from the California market effective January 1st, 2015.  Regardless of the group’s renewal date, coverage with SeeChange Health Insurance will end at midnight Dec. 31st, 2014.  All groups that are currently enrolled with SeeChange need to have a transition plan in place as soon as possible.  We have already reached out to our current SeeChange client base and welcome any new clients in need of assistance to contact our team via phone or email.

Covered CA Update – 9/10/14

Statistics show that 58% of individuals eligible for a health care subsidy enrolled in 2014, leaving the other 42% to enroll come November 15th.  We expect there to be another hectic open enrollment, and recommend individuals to renew or enroll at their earliest convenience.

Covered CA individual renewals begin in October, and the new open enrollment period is from Nov. 15th through Feb. 15th, 2015.  Overall, rates will go up an average of 4.2% statewide in comparison to 2014; however, subsidies should increase more than enough to compensate, which will leave a net result of lower premiums to the consumer.  It still may be beneficial for individuals to shop rates with different carriers as each circumstance is different.  As always, we are here to assist you to the fullest capacity, simply reach us via phone or email.

Some individuals can renew by simply continuing to make their premium payments, others may still need to provide individual proofs, such as income verification.  In either case, we will be reaching out to all of our individual clients to keep them enrolled.  If you are a new client. our team of agents welcomes you to take advantage of our services.

Grandmothering – What is it? And who does it affect?

Governor Brown has signed into law SB 1446, the ‘grandmothering’ bill.  The bill was unopposed and passed through both Houses in the CA legislature and is in effect immediately.  Below are a few key points that outline what is now allowed under the bill:

  • The bill allows a small employer health care plan in effect on Dec. 31, 2013, and is still in effect as of the date the bill was signed (July 7th, 2014), and that does not qualify as a grandfathered health plan under the Affordable Care Act, to be renewed until Jan. 1st, 2015, and continue to be in force through Dec. 31st, 2015.
  • These plans must be amended to be in compliance with the ACA guidelines as of Jan. 1st, 2016
  • Small employer group policies must still include many ACA and state based mandated benefits such as:
    • Preventative healthcare without co-pays or deductibles
    • No lifetime caps on benefits
    • Maternity care
    • Coverage for autism
    • Elimination of gender discrimination on setting premiums
  • This bill is not a mandate and employers are not required to keep their current plans in place
  • The bill does not address rates, so premiums for these plans may increase